My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, October 12, 2009

Escape/Avoidance

I have been avoiding this blog all weekend. Well, it's Monday. Our system is down, so I thought I would stop avoiding this blog and just do it.

I did not participate in my scheduled 5K Saturday. I knew on Friday night I was going. I was under the impression that it was going to rain. In addition, I did not feel prepare or in the right frame of mind for it.

I woke up Saturday about 8:44. The first thing I thought about was the race. For some reason, I thought it started at 8:30. I feel guilty about it for a few moments and get up to start my day. Crystal and I are about to leave for coffee about 9:30 when I realize the race starts at 9:45. I get in the Jeep and ask Crystal to drive by the race. She refuses and we go on to the coffee shop.

Throughout the day, I kept thinking about what was going on with me. Why was I in such a funk? Months ago nothing could have stopped me from going. If I had to crawl, I would have crawled.

I'm still not sure. I do know that I need to go back to what was working for me--Lots of positive talk, affirmations, and good motivational music while I worked out.
I worked my butt (and my guilt) off this weekend. I also spent some time reading affirmations. Later on today I'm going to work on a playlist.

Well, hopefully, the system is up by now and I can get back to work. If not, I'll be back to work on my list of affirmations.

No comments:

Post a Comment