My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kimberly and Carolyn

Great session with Kimberly yesterday. Boy, she worked my butt. We beginning to bond. I feel more comfortable in my uncomfort zone. Yesterday's workout consisted of strength training and spurts of cardio. Again, I thought I was going to vomit. Now, I have learned to push through my uncomfort zone and say my mantra - I can do this!

Today I'm going to do the treadmill on my own. I'm going to push myself on the incline and speed. Right now I can do 8 at 2.3 as my max.

I also talked to my health coach, Carolyn, yesterday. She wasn't too concerned with me not being consistent with keeping my food journal. Truthfully, she's probably used to people not keeping their commitments. Anyhow, my goals for the next three weeks are to continue focussing on portion control and limit my late night snacking. So....since I know I do most of my eating late at night I'm going to reset my rule of no eating at 8 p.m. This is going to be a HUGE challenge for me. There is nothing I like more than a bowl of popcorn while I'm grading papers. After the gym I'm going to get some sugar free gum. This seemed to get me through the last time I tried to eliminate my late night snacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment