My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good news and not so good news

The good news is that I did a really good job food shopping yesterday. I got eggs, fruits, veggies, multigrain crackers, and protein shakes. I made a nice post of veggie soup. Today for lunch I'm going to have a nice salad with tuna.

My focus this week has been hydration and increasing my endurance level. Instead of drinking Crystal Light, I've been teaching myself to drink plain water.

The not so good news is that my knee is bothering me. The weird thing is that it's not the knee I was complaining about initially. Now it's my left knee. I did some stretching and yoga exercises. After this, my knee buckled about three times--very painful. It's happened two times today. So, I'm going to see a different doctor this afternoon. He specializes in sports injuries.

This is not good. My 5K is in 17 days. Today was supposed to be cardio day with Kimberly. We're going to try to have my session on Friday, after I see what the doctor says.

I'm on vacation next week so I'll be on my own, as far as training goes.

I remain hopeful. Kimberly thinks it may be the increased activity. I have been pushing myself. I hope she's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment