My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Transformational Tuesday

Many of the blogs I read and Facebook pages I "like" post Transformational Tuesday entries. Most of them are about physical transformations. For me, at this point in my journey, I need to work on a mental transformation. I am reminded of that part of the scripture which says,... be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind....

More than anything right now I need to get my mind in shape. With the exception of the occasional pain and discomfort I have in my back and knee, most of my challenges are with my mind. My workouts are fine, when I am consistent. I would like to be more consistent. For whatever reason, there are times I get so self-conscious about working out at the gym or walking/running in public. The truth is people are so self-absorbed, especially at the gym, they probably do not even notice me. Even if they do, it's their problem not mind.

I also know I can achieve the goals I have set for myself. Lately, my opportunities are with my food, not my exercise. I cannot out-train a bad diet. Every time I feel like I am depriving myself of something, I am mentally sabotaging myself. I need to turn that around. Each time I make a healthy choice, I am going to remind myself that I am empowering myself.

I also went out today I purchased a presentation board so I can make a vision board. It will be fun to add to work on over the next six months:




No comments:

Post a Comment