My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, December 16, 2013

Motivational Monday

I'm feeling pretty good today. Despite not feeling like it, I completed 60 minutes on the treadmill. I've really made improvements in this area since the beginning of the month. I can still feel a little tightness on my left lower back and glute but with stretching and foam rolling it is getting better. I also take the time to sit in the sauna for five to ten minutes. One of these days it will click that consistency is key.

Someone on Twitter asked the question, do you exercise or train? This is a great question because there is a marked distinction. Sometime I exercise and other times I train. I have better success with training. Exercise is a chore. Training makes me feel like the athlete I always wanted to be. Training keeps me motivated. Training is fun. If I'm working toward a goal and have a plan, I do a better job. When I'm not seeing results, I start getting discouraged and unmotivated. So, I need to always have a goal in mind.

Right now my goal is to be consistent with my workouts, work on my endurance, strengthen my core, and build upper body strength. I need to be able to walk and/or run three miles comfortably before formally starting 10k training. I know I can run 3 miles. I just haven't been able to do it consistently. I need to keep my butt in training mode because 6.2 miles is no joke for me.

Today while I was on the treadmill I was so happy. I felt so strong. I could have gone longer but it was prime time and I didn't want to hog the treadmill. There were two other machines open but I decided 60 minutes was enough. Technically, during rush hour, you're only supposed to do 30 minutes on cardio machines. Plus, overdoing it leads to injury.

2 comments:

  1. Sheila, you have made so much progress! I am so happy for you!!! I hear you on the consistency. I am working to get back there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job on that treadmill, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete