My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Day at the Gym

I was nervous. All the way over there...I was nervous. Nervous about what? I don't know. I guess just being out of my element and comfort zone. I always associate gyms with athletes, beautiful fit people.

Anyhow, the first 15 minutes were brutal. First, I had to get used to walking on a treadmill. It was hard to find a comfortable, yet challenging pace. I decided I would do 2 miles or 45 minutes--whichever one came first. It was the 45 minutes. The last 10 minutes I spent fiddling around with the incline.

Later on this week. I going to experiment with some of the walking programs.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed that you kept at the treadmill for 45 minutes! That's awesome.

    To avoid boredom, one of the best things I do (besides listening to fun music on my iPod), is playing around with the various "path" settings. I like the one where it alternates from high inclines to low. Playing around with the settings and finding one that keeps your interest is key, for me at least.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete