My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, March 14, 2009

Two Weeks and counting!

I did 3 miles today.

I have been riding a mental roller coaster this week. I am so nervous about my event. I've come so close and I just want to do well. I kept thinking of all sorts of things that could go wrong.

Once I got over all that negativity, I was able to focus on my outstanding achievement. I have been walking five days out of the week for nine weeks. I can hardly believe it.

Slow and steady wins the race. I'm so proud of myself for getting out there and trying. I tried and tried and kept making progress.

Today was real emotional for me. I really wanted to walk 3 miles, nonstop, today. First of all, it was cold and rainy. I wasn't about to let this stop me. I get out to the walking path and there is no one there. I couldn't believe it. Where are all the diehard athletes? Well, I stretched, looked at my watch and started walking. After .25 miles, I saw two women jogging. Okay, I'm not the only dummy out here in this weather trying to exercise. When they passed me, one of them gave me a thumbs up and said, good for you. I almost cried. It made me feel so good to receive encouragement from a perfect stranger. I have no idea why it meant so much to me in that moment, but it did. Here and there, I encountered other on the path. Somehow I felt they understand how important it was for me to be out there walking. I thank them for their encouraging smiles. An hour and twenty minutes later, I was done--literally. I wanted to walk three miles today and I did. For this, I am truly grateful.

I'm going to do this. I'm really going to do this!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    Well done so far, only had enough time to read this post but will be back to read all the others. Thanks for following my blog and Yes, You're Going To Do This!!!!!!

    Abi

    ReplyDelete