My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, March 29, 2009

I did it!

Mission accomplished.



It was wet. It was exciting. It was challenging.



I am so happy and proud of myself.



I am so grateful to Jill and Crystal for being there with me. Truthfully, I am not so sure I would have been able to finish that course without Jill. There were way too many hills and inclines for me....but I did them all. Jill was great. She laughed and told me funny stories as a plugged away. I still can't believe she was willing to walk in the rain for over an hour to support me.



My goal was to finish without stopping and I did just that. I initially wanted to finished in 45 minutes but over the past month I ditched that goal. Lol!



All that training really paid off. I'm not nearly as sore as I thought I would be today.



I'm already setting my next fitness goal.



1. Lose another 40 pounds.

2. Beat my 5k time (1:04) in June.



I'm going to spend today stretching and then I'm back on the path tomorrow.



Yesterday I learned that I can do anything I really want to do -- with a little help from my friends (and strangers). The support I have receive during the past 11 weeks has been overwhelming. Yesterday on the course, there was so many people cheering us on.



Oh, I was worried about being last in the race. I wasn't. I was second to last. Lol! It's all good. I tried not to think about it while I was out there but it was in the back of my mind.



I'll be back later on with next week's training plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment