My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, January 2, 2014

Working Out

It's the second day of the year and I have not been to the gym or done what I would call a "great" workout. I have had a splitting headache for three days now. I have done some stretching, stability ball passes, planks, high knees, squats, etc. I have to allow the process to unfold the way it will. If I push too hard, I'll end up injured. Obviously my body is telling me I need to slow down. I am just afraid I will lose way too much fitness if I do not get some miles in. I'm eager to get back on the trail or treadmill.

I think I'll give it a try tomorrow. If it's too much, I will at least have the weekend to recover. I also found a Sunday afternoon Aquafit class to go to. This will be a good way to give my body a good workout without too much stress. Now is not the time to panic. I have six months to prepare for my dream race. I will get to that finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment