My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Weigh-In Wednesday

It’s the first weigh-in of 2014 and I’m down three pounds! I have to be honest with myself. I heard that negative, scolding voice reminding me that although I lost three pounds it is weight I gained the last four months of 2013. I acknowledge what happened in the past but I am focusing on the present. I am planning for the future but taking it one day at a time.

While I am happy about the loss, I have to prepare myself mentally for the times the scale does not move. This is how the weight started creeping back in the first place. I was working my butt off and the scale wasn’t moving. So what do I do? I get discouraged and stop tracking my food. I will not make this mistake again.

My goal is to track my food intake every day this year. In fact, I have logged my food on My Fitness Pal for at least 30 days. I think the longest I’ve consistently tracked was 40 days. At this point in my journey, everything is mental. I know I can work out. I’ve completed the Couch to 5K program – twice. I know I can run. I’ve taken swimming lessons. I know I can swim.

My area of opportunity is my food. I haven’t completely given up on OA but I am not working my program the way I used to. I no longer have a sponsor, although I am in contact with her at least three or four days out of the week. I do embrace the spirit of OA that my eating/food issues are not about food and I do not need a diet.

I will continue working on my mind, spirit and body and this will help with the weight loss. It’s my state of mind that needs healing. I have to keep that number on the scale in perspective. I also did my measurements and check my body fat. As long as I am doing what I need, what I want to do to take care of myself, I will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. I was down about 3lbs this week too! (I also am re-losing weight I gained over the holidays, oops!) Who cares though, a loss is a loss. :)

    Good job logging your food. I just love MFP. It's so convenient and easy and helpful to see all the numbers adding up and coming together to form your nutrition. I need to get better in my consistency of logging EVERY morsel of food that goes into my mouth.

    Good luck with your training too! I absolutely love the 10K distance.

    ~Hilary

    GettingThroughLife.com

    ReplyDelete