My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Running is a Gift

Completed Week 2, Day 2 today. My legs and knees feel much better. I have also been icing them periodically throughout the day. This morning I took it pretty easy. I just wanted to finish and not feel as spent as I did on Sunday. It started raining a bit about five minutes after I started. This made me a little uneasy because I have this fear of running in the rain. I'm afraid I'm going to slip and fall. Thankfully, it was a light rain and I was able to finish.

While I was running, I started thinking about a friend I haven't heard from in over 20 years. We're both 50 yet he has had a multitude of health issues. We both have type 2 diabetes. He's in a wheelchair due to a leg amputation and he also goes to kidney dialysis a couple times a week. As I ran this morning, I was very grateful that I have been taking positive steps to improve my health. As much as I struggle with becoming a runner, I am humbled by the gift to be able to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment