My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, July 14, 2013

Meal Prep

I keep reading that more than exercise, my "diet" is what is going to get me to my next goal. During the first part of my fitness journey, exercise appeared to be what was helping me drop the weight. Now, that I do exercise fairly regulars and have achieved a pretty good fitness level, it is becoming more important that I need to focus on my food. This is especially true when running on a regular.

I'm trying my best to do a better job with preparing and measuring my meals. I hate it! There, I said it. I hate measuring my food! Yet, the more reading and researching I do I see that so many people do it. I am very impressing with the guys that are so into bodybuilding. I'm learning a lot from watching YouTube videos. These guys know so much about what their bodies need. Anyhow, this weekend I spent some time cooking, measuring, researching serving sizes. I hated it but I feel so accomplished now that it's done:

Grilled chicken
Chickpea Curry
Sautéed spinach
Sautéed kale with ginger
Quinoa
Egg White breakfast casserole
Cherries
Red grapes
Pistachios
Almonds



No comments:

Post a Comment