My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week One - Weekly Wrap Up

I just weigh myself and I didn't lose a thing! I am in such a quandry about this weighing in. I purchased a Fitbook to help me keep track of my workouts while at the gym. I also use My Fitness Pal as my food diary. I share my food diary with my OA sponsor each evening. Because I attend OA, I do my best not to focus so much on my weight and focus on working my food and exercise plan. The thought is that if I'm working my programs as planned the weight will take care of itself.

I like that there's an weekly wrap up in Fitbook. I don't know if I'll be doing a weekly wrap up here each week but I can see my opportunities already:

The Good:

1. I made it to the gym 3x this week as planned.
2. I did not give in to my cravings for potato chips.
3. I successfully implemented my "eating out" action plan.
4. I followed my eating plan.

The Not-So-Good

1. I did not complete the cardio part of my Saturday workout.
2. I did not reach my daily water intake goal each day.

Ways to improve

1. I need to start drinking water first thing in the morning. I tend to sip on two cups of water until midmorning before even thinking about water. The best way for me to meet my daily goal is to make sure I drink 16 oz. first thing in the morning BEFORE drinking my coffee. Because I love my coffee, I have more incentive to drink water. It's already a given that I will be drinking water at the gym so this strategy will help me meet my goal.

2. I'm not too worried about not doing cardio on Saturday. I wasn't feeling so well so I give myself credit for showing up.

3. According to My Fitness Pal, I should be burning at least 400 calories each workout session. This is a HUGE opportunity for me. I don't always wear my HRM to the gym (perhaps that should be a goal) and when I do I usually burn around 350 calories. I really need my HRM to keep an accurate record of how many calories I'm burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment