My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Morning After

My body is a little stiff this morning.  As I started stretching, I experienced a slight cramp in my left leg.  My left side is usually a bit tight so I really need to work on stretching.  I am so looking foward to water aerobics later on today.

I have so many thoughts about starting this Couch to 5K.  Yesterday was fun because I had Bianca and her daughter there.  I'm going to be on my own until the next time they can train with me.  I'm debating when to train.  It's hot here in Georgia.  I'm not much of a morning person but I think my best bet will be to get up early and get it done.  If I wait until the evening, there's no guarantee it will be cooler. Plus, the longer I wait, the more opportunity I have to talk myself out of training.

Last night it was 87 degrees at 10:30 pm.  So, I'm thinking I'll shoot for mornings and have evenings as a back up.  I'm going to have to dig deep, back to that place when I was training to walk my first 5K.  I didn't care if it was raining, etc.  I did my walks.  It's going to have to be that way with these walk/runs.  I'm going to stay hydrated, eat well, and stretch.  It's not about speed.  It's about getting it done. 

Today I'm going to scope out some places to train.  My usually spots to walk are too hilly.  I'll try to tackle them later. For now, I need flat surfaces.  The trail yesterday will be nice in the evenings but I wouldn't feel comfortable going there early mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment