My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Friday, March 28, 2014

I'm still here!

I haven't been blogging, but I have been working out! Today I finished Week 7, Day 1. Week 6 was a bit rough so I completed Day 2 a few times before moving on. Today I felt strong. I am also proud of myself for running outside, even though it had been raining all day.

I have this fear of falling and was worrying about slipping and falling. Although it had stopped raining by the time I went out, the greenway was still wet. In fact, there weren't many people out on the path. Mostly people on bikes. I could how slippery things were as I ran on the little overpasses, but I took my time and it was fine.

My trip to Michigan was okay. My Dad is in better spirits than I expected. In fact, I use him from inspiration and motivation. I think of how he is going to radiation and chemo fighting for his life. I listen to my breath and think about the cancer that was in his lungs. I am humbled. I am grateful.

On a bright note, today is my 5k anniversary. Five years ago today I completed the Publix 5k. I think about how nervous I was. In hindsight I was so naïve. I picked one of the hilly courses for my first 5k! I am very grateful that I am here and still plugging away at my fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment