My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Friday, March 7, 2014

Fitness Friday

Today was a really rough day for me. I was obsessed, yes, obsessed with food thoughts today. I wanted fast food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I didn't feel like working out.

I'm tired and stressed. When I am tired and stressed, I like to use food to soothe the edges. Well, today, I did not give into those old impulses. I ate my planned meals and I lifted weights and used my foam roller.

The only way I am going to be fit enough to complete the Peachtree Road Race is to do what it takes to reach my goal, one day at a time. I can make excuses and tell myself that one day is not going to hurt. This may be true. However, the junk food junkie in me will turn one day into two days and the next thing I know it will be July 4th. I want to feel confident in my training when I stand at the starting line on July 4th. I want to give myself the best opportunity to meet my goal.

I know I have a huge fear of failure. More than that, I have a huge fear of success. Today one of my favorite fitness quotes sticks out. I am not sure who tweeted this so I can give proper credit:

"Never let fear get in the way of your path to better fitness."

No comments:

Post a Comment