My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Can Do This!

My body is sore. I'm a little achy. Life is fine! Yesterday I worked out on my own. I was pressed for time to I did about 20 minutes step aerobics, three sets of the leg exercises Kimberly had me doing on Monday, about 20 squats, and about 20 crunches. I also did a lot of stretching throughout the day. I feel like I really have to push myself doing my solo workouts to help me during my Kimberly workouts.

One thing that I noticed about myself on Monday was feeling self-conscious. It was awful. I don't know where it was coming from. I have nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm working on my health. This is a source of pride, not shame.

I guess it has to do with being out of my comfort zone. Let's face it. I'm a control freak. I'm not in control at the gym, my trainer is calling the shots. It's a good space for me. I'm also not used to being aware of my body. It is something that I have ignored for so long. Now, I'm moving muscles I didn't know I had. It's a beautiful thing.

Yet, I have all this anxiety about today's workout. I'm worried that she's going to ask me to do something I'm not able to do -- So what! You live and you learn. I can do this!

****

On another note, I've been trying out those recipe's in Fitness magazine. They're pretty good. I'll upload my pics later on this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment