My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, July 20, 2014

Comparison: Biceps vs. Triceps


I’m really getting into the weightlifting. I think it is becoming my second love. I’ve been doing some research (reading, watching YouTube videos) and trying my best to make sure I am getting the maximum benefit from my workouts. One of the things I am very concerned about is flabby arms. My arms are pretty solid.  I have about 50 more pounds to lose and I don't want to have those batwings that some people get.

When I was home a month ago, my sister commented that my arms looked more tone. One thing I have noticed is that my biceps are more pronounced than my triceps. One reason for this is probably due to all of the plank and the push up challenges I’ve participated in.

So, last night I am reading and discovered that your triceps make up the majority of your upper arm. Who knew?
Yet, people, including myself, always want to show off their biceps. I can see some definition beginning in my arms. Yet, when I am doing tricep exercises, it’s pretty difficult to tell if I’m actually working the muscle.

With my biceps, it’s pretty visual. I guess that’s why the guys in the free weights area look in the mirror. (One of these days I am going to work up the nerve to work in that area. ) Anyhow, I need to keep studying. I also think that as I lose more body fat, my triceps will start to show too. What is all boils down to is clean, healthy eating – my nutrition.

I love Scott Herman on YouTube. He has some great instructional videos on proper lifting form. I can’t do a proper Bench Dip. I'll be working on achieving this.



Another person I really like is Jill Coleman. I like her more for the mental aspect of training. I actually discovered her on Comcast On Demand. I was looking for a quick cardio workout and she had a great beginner’s cardio kickboxing workout. I then started following her on Twitter and found out I really like her philosophy – she tweets quotes from Byron Kate, Miguel Ruiz, and others that I like.




From her I am learning how to be realistic about my fitness goals. While my genetics will dictate most of what my body is capable of, there are things, both physically and mentally, I can do to live a healthy lifestyle and be the best that I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment