My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, July 19, 2014

Strength Training: Phase One

Today I finished my second week of consistent strength training. I've been doing a full-body workout three times a week. I have been focusing on form and breathing. I start with 10 minutes on the Spin bike as a warm up. Last week I did two sets of each exercise. This week I did three sets of most exercises.

Leg Press - 195/10 two sets; 210/10 - one set - going to try all sets at 210 lbs next week
Leg extension - 30/10 - going to bump this up to 50 lbs next week
Lying Leg Curls - 20/10 - two sets - working up to three sets
Lat Pulldown - 100/10 - three sets
Vertical Chest - 65/10 - three sets
Tricep Pulldown - 75/10 - three sets
Preacher Curls - 35/10 - working up to three sets
Shoulder Press - 50/10 - three sets
Ab Crunch - 65/10 - three sets -
Low Back Extention - 45/10 - tried one set for the first time today - going to try two sets next week

I am really enjoying weight training this time around. I think it is because I have a clear plan and I feel more comfortable in the gym. I am also taking it a bit easy. Usually, I start of too strong. This time around I am taking my time; stretching and drinking water. I still need to work on getting proper rest. I have been going to bed earlier but I still do not fall asleep until about 11 or midnight.

The downside is that I haven't been running since the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th. I'm planning to get back in gear beginning next week. I really need to sign up for a race so I can stay focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment