My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Secret of Success










For the past three weeks I have been giving weight training a try.  I like to train with weights.  I have just never done it on a consistent basis.  Well, I found a full body plan that I like and I have been doing it three times a week.  Right now I am experimenting with the sets and reps.  I started off doing two or three sets of each exercise for 10 reps.  A couple of days I lower the weights and added another set.  A few days ago I read an article about varying the reps.  It’s a good approach for muscle growth.  Yesterday I did three sets varying the reps: 15 for the first set, 12 for the second set, and 8 for the third set.  I’m going to stick with this approach for the week.

I am also concerned that I am not burning as many calories with these workouts.  I usually do 10 minutes cardio as a warm up and a cool down.  Most times I do not have the energy to do any additional cardio after lifting.  However, that is the plan, eventually.

As a result, my running has taken a back burner.  I’m okay with it for now.  I’ll get back to it as soon as my body gets used to lifting on a regular basis.  One thing I am continuing to learn on this journey is not to be afraid to try new things.  “You live and you learn” is my motto.  

With this said, I am so happy to say that the scale is moving again.  I lost two pounds! In addition to the weight training, I have gone back to keeping my food journal.  I hate and resent the fact that I have to track my food BUT it is what is needed, for now, if I expect to achieve my goals.  I will keep working, trying, and doing whatever it takes to get fit.

On another note, I joined Healthy Loser Gal's Awesome August Challenge.  I always enjoy her challenges.  I need all the motivation and support I can get.  My goals this month are to:

1.  Weight training three times a week
2.  Meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
3.  Drink at least 64 oz of water
4.  Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep
5.  Try one new recipe a week
6.  Tweet something motivational each day using #hlgAWESOMEAug

No comments:

Post a Comment