My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, April 12, 2014

HIIT = DOMS


I had a really nice HIIT training workout on Thursday. It felt great! I felt great! I didn’t feel like going to the gym to lift so I did a combination of kickboxing, dumbbells, did two sets of deadlifts, my Spartan 30 pushups, and used my stability ball. It was a nice 30-minute workout. No big deal, I thought. Well, yesterday Thursday I woke up and I could barely move. WTH???

My knees and quads were stiff! It really doesn’t help that I work from home and only had to move from my bedroom to my office. I made it a point to get up often, stretch, and ice my knees. However, when it was time for my workout, I knew there was no way I should try running.

So, I decided I would try to go for a walk instead. It was not cute. By .75 miles my muscles loosened and I felt pretty good. I walked two miles. I was going to do another loop but didn’t want to overdo it. I came home, stretched, and used my foam roller.
This morning my body feels fine. I’m ready for Week Nine, Day 1! Even though I plan to workout at the gym tomorrow, I’m thinking I need to do that at-home workout again. I obviously gave myself a pretty good workout without all that fancy LA Fitness equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment