My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Clean(er) Eating: Quinoa Protein Bars

I had so much fun making these.  First of all, I had to find quinoa flakes.  I went to Harry's, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods; none of these stores had them.  I give up and go to Publix to get the rest of the items on my shopping list.  I happen to go down this aisle and what do I see -- quinoa flakes! I was so excited! 
I love these bars! I froze half the batch for later so I wouldn't eat them all.  I'd never used brown rice syrup before. It's pretty good. I didn't add cinnamon because I thought I had some at home only to discover I didn't.  The next time I make these I'll definitely add cinnamon.  I also used crunchy almond butter instead of smooth for added texture.  Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment