My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 - Eat Clean (er), Train Dirty!

Eat Clean(er), Train Dirty!  This is my motto for 2012.
I'm doing pretty well with my compulsive overeating habits.  I havent' touched any of my trigger foods in over a year.  I think it's about time to take my eating to another level.  I am a bit nervous about it.  I'm a creature of habit.  I'm nervous about change.  My food plan is fine the way it is.  However, I still have about 50 pounds I would like to drop.  One thing I have learned from Overeater's Anonymous is facing my fears about food and eating because it's all about my character defects -- it's not about the food.

I am confident God will help me make these changes.  I am also confident these changes will help me on my goal to get to a healthy weight.

So, I'm trying new things with my eating.  I've increasing my calorie range and moving towards a clean eating plan.  I met with a nutritionist on Friday and she suggested I try quinoa. It sounds like a really nutritional staple to add to my diet.  For the next couple of weeks I'll be trying different recipes.  I found this really cool site - - Cooking Quinoa

As far as exercise, for the next couple of months I am going to be focusing my workouts on HIIT -- High Intensity Interval Training.  Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment