My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, June 11, 2011

No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Bars

Here's another attempt at a new recipe.

2 cups quick oatmeal
1/2 crunchy peanut butter (I used chunky almond butter)
4 scoops protein powder
1 tbs. flax seeds (I think I'll grind them next time)
1/2 water

Freeze for 45 minutes and then cut into squares.

According to the recipe maker I used on My Fitness Pal, each bar contains:

202 calories, 16 g. carbs, 10 g. fat, 13 g. protein
 













While very quick and easy to prepare, I was a bit disappointed in them.  They're pretty bland.  It could be because I used almond butter instead of peanut butter.  I think they could use some chocolate chips...but that doesn't fit into my OA food plan right now.  I do think I'm going to try them again with chocolate protein powder and/or craisins.

No comments:

Post a Comment