My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, June 23, 2011

C25K: Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

It’s hot!  I’m exhausted! I don’t have the energy!
Excuses, I know.  Ugh!  Unfortunately, my C25K training has slowed down a bit. I have been walking and stretching but I just don’t have the energy to push myself. I’ve managed to complete one C25K session this week. I am very frustrated but I am determined not to give up.

It’s not what’s going on in the gym that is keep me from moving forward. It’s other factors:  work, lack of sleep, last week I think I may have had some dehydration issues. I realize that if I expect to finish this training I am going to need drink more water and get more than six hours of sleep each night.  If I take care of my body, my body will take care of me.

One thing I am learning is that running/jogging is a different beast.  You really learn a different type of respect for your body.  The mental challenge has been totally different for me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment