My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, August 31, 2014

September, Sweaty, September










Today is the last day of the Awesome August challenge.  It was great! I’m down four pounds.  More than anything else I am very proud of myself for being consistent with my strength training.  It’s been a month now with working on the fundamentals.  I have been doing three full body workouts a week.  
This is the first time I have really stuck with a weight training plan.  I set up a profile at Body Space at www.bodybuilding.com.   There is a tremendous amount of great information, training programs, and motivation on this site.  I think I’m ready to work on one of these plans BUT I’m a little apprehensive about working out in the free weights section of the gym.  I have to admit I am still working on building my self-confidence.  It will be okay.

Tomorrow I am also going to get back to my running.  I’m signing up for a November 5K.  I’m not sure how I’m going to do this.  I’m thinking about doing my running early mornings and keeping my strength training after work.  Not sure if I should do both on the same day or alternate days – this would mean I’m working out six days a week.  Right now I’m working on five or six days.  The sixth day is usually water aerobics, which isn’t too strenuous.   We’ll see how it goes.  

August was awesome.  September is going to be sweaty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment