My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, August 10, 2014

Daily Nutritional Commitments -- Part Two

I came up with the idea to establish three daily nutritional commitments (DNCs) from Jill Coleman.  I like her approach and philosophy to keep things simple and sustainable.  At the time I couldn't come up with three DNCs. 

I've been thinking about the third commitment for a few days.  This morning it dawned on me that my third commitment should be maintaining my daily food journal. Whether or like it or not, I do so much better when I keep a record of what I eat. This practice helps me to stay aware and conscious.  There are days I have no idea how little or much I've eaten until I complete my food journal.

I also like the fact that these commitments are not set in stone. I can change them at will.  For now, I think I will set with:

1. Eating breakfast
2. Eating protein with eat meal
3. Completing my food journal

Number three is also going to help me with my weight loss goals.  I need to do a better job of tracking my macros.  I do not eat nearly enough protein on some days.


No comments:

Post a Comment