My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, August 8, 2011

Awesome August Update - Week One

Happy Monday! Let’s see:

1. My meditation practice was consistent. I sat on the cushion for at least 15 minutes each day. I also attended my meditation group on Thursday night.

2. I hit my exercise goal exercising for a minimum of 60 minutes (can you say overachiever?) and burned at least 400 calories each session. My legs are sore! My knee is bothering me a little bit. This week I want to put more emphasis on my stretching routine.

3. Hydration. I could have done better in this area. I’m not tracking my water intake every day. There were a couple of times I thought I’d finish my water only to find my bottle on half full on the kitchen counter or my night stand.

4. Sleep. I am most proud of my achievement in this area. It was a struggle but I did it. One or two nights I was 10 minutes or so late get in bed but I did it! The only problem I had with going to bed by 10:30 pm is that I found myself tossing and turning until midnight and waking up at 5. I’d eventually go back to sleep until 7. It is weird how my body has gotten used to so little sleep. I do feel a bit better.

5. Play. Saturday night I attended a birthday celebration at an Indian restaurant. Food, friends, and fun! What more can I say about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment