My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Enough Already!

I went to the doctor this morning for my final follow up appointment. Since I had been experiencing quite a bit of nauseau during my recovery, she sent me to get an ultrasound on my gallbladder. Just like the colonoscopy, I thought it was a waste of time and my insurance benefits. Well, it turns out, I have gallstones. She advised me to avoid fatty foods and follow up with my PCP. She also increased the dosage on my estrogen patch. Oh, and there's a slight problem with the "tube" connected to my left kidney. It's a bit swollen. She thinks it's from scar tissue but I'm going back to the Urologist tomorrow.

The good news is that all my blood work, liver, and kidney function came back normal.

So, on the drive home I started thinking that I really need to take a better look at my diet. I don't even eat fatty foods. When I told Crystal about my results, she was shocked. She goes...if anyone should have gallstones it should be me. She eats horribly yet I am the one with the health issues. Go figure. Anyhow, I'm going to do my research about gallstones and see what's up.

P.S. So far today, I have walked 2,847 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment