My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, May 31, 2010

10,000 Steps



I’m feeling a bit better. I have my final follow up appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I also plan to start a fitness challenge to get myself back into the habit of exercising on a daily basis. I’m not sure when be able to get back into the gym. This is something I plan to discuss with my doctor tomorrow.
Anyhow, I’m going to take the 10,000 steps challenge. According to The Walking Site, 10,000 steps is the equivalent of walking approximately five miles.

With my doctor’s approval, I plan to go back to work on Wednesday. Since I work from home I am going to have to find creative ways to get in a lot of steps during the day. Most of the strategies for getting in extra steps cannot be applied to my situation. I’m looking forward to the challenge. I’m curious to see how many days it’s going to take before I reach my goal. The highest number I achieved the last time I tried this challenge was about 6,000.
Truthfully, I think my biggest challenge is going to be remembering to wear my pedometer and keeping a log of my steps.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment