My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Good Friday

Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day.

~Ice Cube


I spent all afternoon at the doctor's office and the hospital yesterday. Preop stuff. If I have to fill out one more form, I'm going to scream! Things at the doctor's office were slow but great. The hospital was another story. They want you to fill out all these forms without giving you ample time to read through them. I felt so overwhelmed.

I go in to see a nurse. The first thing she wants to do is give me a pregnancy test. I start laughing. I told her there's no need for me to have the test. She snaps back at me ... are you refusing to take the test? I smile and said, no ma'am, I'm not. I had a hysterectomy in 2005. It's on one of those forms I filled out. She mumbled something about not seeing it.

I hate hospitals. I'm a huge germaphobe. I am not looking forward to this experience at all. I hate public restrooms so I didn't want to go to the bathroom while I was there. I was miserable. I couldn't wait to get out of that place so I could wash my hands. The fact that I was exposed to TB the last time I was in the hospital doesn't help. I was able to amuse myself with the fact that I didn't want to use any of the pens they kept handing me. Lol!

For the most part yesterday, I played the hurry up and wait game. Crystal played games on her iPhone. I prayed and meditated (and tried not to think about germs). I probably spent 3 hours praying and meditating yesterday. I continue working on staying positive and focused on my fitness journey. After we finished with my appointments, Crystal treated me to a nice Mediterranean salad at the Peachtree Diner. I came home, relaxed for a few, went for a quick walk, finished watching the first season of Nurse Jackie. Considering what was going on all around me, it was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment