My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Friday, April 9, 2010

Colonoscopy/Endoscopy - Surprise and Shock

The deed is done. The prep was okay. It wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

We had to be there at 5:30 am. The process was smooth. I don't remember a thing.

I do, however, remember, the recovery room. You're in this little holding room with a few others with nurses in and out encouraging you to expel gas. Once you toot to they're satisfaction, you're moved to a waiting area.

The doctor came in and told me she removed one polyp. I was surprised. They're doing a biopsy on the polyp. I wasn't expected this news. Then, she tells me the shocker. I have a stomach ulcer. I don't even know what to say. I have no stomach issues whatsoever. The bottom line is that I am very grateful to God my doctor had the foresight to order this procedure.

I am also very grateful to God I have loving, supportive family and friends. My brother and sister will be here tomorrow to give Crystal a break from all this madness.

Now, I must focus on recovering from this (I'm wiped out) and preparing for my surgery on Monday. Did I mention I have to do another bowel prep on Sunday night?

Fun times....

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything turns out okay! Keeping you in my prayers.

    Ali :)

    ReplyDelete