My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Good Life

Well, it's been a while. I'm still here.

Florida was fun. I didn't do as much walking as I thought I would. It was H-0-T! My sister and I managed to get in one nice walk. I was happy she could see the results of all my hard work.

Monday we went to exercise class with my 77 yr. old aunt. She goes to goes to these classes at the senior citizen center near her home three times a week -- twice on Mondays. I'm 46 and my sister is 38. There were some of the exercises my sister couldn't do. I kept thinking to myself...a few months ago you wouldn't have been able to do this, Sheila. It was an eye-opener for us both. It was inspiring to see these elderly people exercising and enjoying life. My sister reminded me that Dad is turning 75 next year. He's still very active. He still rides his bike most days. I've been away from home so long I often forget how much he likes bicycling. I know he's pretty healthy. However, I forgot how much exercise he gets on the regular.

I see I have 19 days until my event. I need to get some timed walks in to see how much my pace has improved. At this point, I think the best thing for me to do is focus on hydration.

I have my 3-month check up with my doctor next week. I'm looking forward to seeing how well I'm doing medically. Hopefully, I can get another dosage lowered on my medication. I really can't tell the difference since the last reduction -- which is a good thing. My goal is to get off these meds by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment