My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, June 23, 2013

New Kicks!


I went back to Big Peach Running to be fitted for shoes again. Long story short, the guy who helped me thinks I should try a stability shoe. I’ve been walking and running in neutral shoe. I keep having issues with my knee. Anyhow, today I tried out my new kicks and they felt great!
I decided to start with Week One using my Coach to 5K app thinking it would be a breeze. The second half was pretty challenging. I really need to make sure I make running a regular part of my fitness routine.
I’ve set a goal of being able to complete a 5K running nonstop in September. I’m going to make sure I train on hills this time. Over half the year has passed and I haven’t done well with my fitness goals. I need to step up my game!

***

Oops! I forgot to mention that my new shoes are Nike Zoom Structure+ 16. I was having a hard time choosing between this shoe and the Saucony Omni 12. In fact, I think I'm going to go back and get the Sauconys.

No comments:

Post a Comment