My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, February 3, 2013

Week Five - Weigh In


I’m down another pound! I have so many emotions about losing that one pound. Why is it so darn hard? I want big numbers! So easy to put on and so hard to take off! My biggest danger right now is comparing myself to others. More than anything I feel a sense of gratitude and humility. I started this journey in 2009 and these last 50 pounds have been so difficult to release. I am now wondering if it’s symbolic of something in my consciousness that I am also holding onto. Well, I’m bound and determine to work on whatever it is. I want to be free of this excess weight!

Thursday’s Spin class was so hard. My body couldn’t do what my mind wanted it to do. I felt so defeated and discouraged. After class, I sat in my car and had one of those The Biggest Loser’s cries. When I first started watching that show, I didn’t understand why anyone would start crying over a workout. Now, I do it all the time. It’s a great emotional cleanse.

I’m tweaking my food plan a bit. The plan is to continue adding fruits and veggies. I also need to start eating less popcorn. I eat popcorn almost every day. I’m starting to think it feeds into my compulsive eating habits. I’m going to have a conversation with my OA sponsor later on today about it.

I started Couch to 5K yesterday. It wasn’t as bad as I thought. I’ve been using the cold weather as an excuse not to run because I hate running on the treadmill. I need to stop with the excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment