My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Thursday, September 15, 2011

September Update

Not much going on.  Two weeks ago I decided to push it a bit and start walking four miles.  Now, my knee is starting to bother me again.  I've been stretching and icing and praying. 

My endurance is great!  I just need to see what's going on with my knee!  I've been paying attention to my gait.  I have the right shoes.

So....I'm back to the doctor next week. 

***

My birthday was Monday.  I did most of my celebrating over the weekend because I wanted to spend a quiet, reflective day alone.  It was wonderful.  I spent the entire day at Jeju Spa.

It may have been a little mistake because now I am quite dehydrated.  Saturday I had a birthday lunch of fajitas, margaritas, and a shot.  I was determined.  I went to the park and walked four miles before going out to the movies.  Sunday a did a little more drinking.  I should have been doing a better job with my hydration considering all the walking and drinking I was doing.

Bottom line...I had fun but my body is paying for it.  It felt great to sit and meditate while detoxing.  It's been a challenging and wonderful year. 

***

So I decided to look up what Louise Hay had to say about knees.

Knee problems - Stubborn ego and pride. Inability to bend. Fear. Inflexibility. Won't give in. "Forgiveness. Understanding. Compassion. I bend and flow with ease, and all is well."


Sounds just right.  So, I had to swallow my pride and admit I made a mistake about something and did something I really didn't want to do.  While my action is justified, I still feel awkward about it.  However, I am accepting life on life's term.  Hopefully, now that I've moved forward, so to speak.  My knee will begin to feel better.  I really want to get back to my Couch to 5K running goal before the end of the year.
 
***
I haven't forgotten about swimming lessons.  Right now I do not have a bathing suit that fits.  It's just a matter of purchasing a bathing suit and signing up for lessons.  I'm working on the nerve and will probably sign up when I return from my last trip at the end of October.

1 comment: