My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, September 3, 2011

Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers

After searching the Internet for stuffed peppers recipes, this is what I came up with.  I knew I wanted to do vegetarian.  There were a number of recipes that included quiona.  I've never had it so I was a bit leery.  I need to try it elsewhere before trying it in a recipe.  I thought about couscous but finally opted for brown rice.



It was fairly easy to make.  I chopped up the pepper from the tops of each pepper and it added a nice colorful addition to the stuffing:






They were pretty yummy! They're definitely a keeper! 

Two things I would do differently.  Add salt.  I don't cook with much salt.  I really thought the salt I added to the rice would have been enough.  Cook them a little longer.  I didn't want them to be too soft but they could have stayed in the oven a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment