My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Monday, September 10, 2012

New and Unfamiliar Routes: 30-Minute Run

Vacationing in Massachusetts this week.  I was a little apprehensive about running an unfamiliar route and I do believe it affected my workout.  As a new runner, I do have to work on acclimating myself to different routes, etc.

It's much cooler here so I my hands were cold.  The wind was blowing in my face.  My eyes were teary so I really couldn't see.  Then, the sidewalk was pretty narrow.  Then there were the dogs.  Now, I walked this same route about two years ago when I was here and totally forgot about the dogs behind the invisible fence.  I really didn't feel comfortable running by them.  What if that fence fails, I thought.  So, I stopped and walked until I was out of their sight.  I do so again on my way back.

It wasn't a good workout but I'm cutting myself some slack.  It was my first experience running away from home.  However, while I was running, I thought I need to broaden my horizons because I will be running new and unfamiliar routes/roads during my races.  Anyhow, I'll be back out there on Wednesday or Thursday.  I will be changing my route.  I just don't feel comfortable running by those dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment