My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall: Moving Forward


Fall is my favorite time of the year and I have been enjoying it.  I've taken a few trip to the mountains and went to an apple orchard.

I went hiking a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with it.  I recently joined an all-women's hiking group. 

Today I went shopping for hiking boots.  They feel kind of awkward.  I will continue shopping until I find the right pair.  I want to start walking in them because I'm planning to go on a group hike on the 20th.  It's a combination hike/birdwatching trip so I'm pretty excited.

I had to put my swimming lessons on hold for now.  I cannot afford the lessons and all the hiking equipment I need right.  A good pair of boots are not cheap.  I need to make sure they fit properly.  Even though my diabetes is controlled, I'm paranoid about getting cuts or blisters on my feet.  I also need to invest in a few "million dollar" pair of hiking socks.

I purchased a backpack on Ebay yesterday.  I also want to get a pair of convertible hiking pants. 

Well, that's it for now.  I'm so excited about enjoying this beautiful fall weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment