My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Progress and The Big Picture

I received my test results the other day.  My A1c moved from 6.1 to 6.0.  I'm so happy.  My doctor is pleased because the goal is 6.5.  I'm still bound and determined to get is below 6.0 and get off diabetes medication.  She's discouraging me from this goal.  I do trust her judgment and know she supports my goal to be on as little medication as possible (unlike my previous pill-pushing doctor.) Then again, she thought my goal to participate in a 5K was "quite ambitious." 

Speaking of 5Ks, I had a blast at AIDS Walk Atlanta on Sunday.  Unfortunately, I was unable to time myself.  I was walking with others and we had to stop a few times for a friend to catch her breath.  It was a very humbling experience for me to be able to be there encouraging someone else.  I am almost shocked that I'm in such great shape.  I say "almost" because it was nice to get confirmation that all those workouts are paying off.  Sometimes I start losing sight of the big picture -- improved health.

The scale may not be moving as quickly as I like but my lab results look great and I'm in pretty good physical shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment