My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Update - Treadmill 5K


I joined My Fitness Pal last month after meeting with a dietician.  I was very frustrated with the fact that I was not losing any weight.  It turns out I wasn't eating enough.  The dietician says I should be eating between 1700 - 1800 calories a day.  I've been hesitate to keep a food journal or count calories since I began this journey.  I have to admit I absolutely love this site!

We figured I was averaging about 1100 - 1200 a day.  Factoring in my workouts, this was too low. 

This has been a balancing act for me because I'm still active in Overeater's Anonymous.  In fact, I earned my 6-month coin last week.  I cannot believe I haven't had any sweets or chips in six months.  My sponsor is trying to encourage me to try to have a serving of one of my trigger foods.  I'm not interested in trying that right now.  Plus, I think it may make me sick.  I had a burger about two weeks ago and felt awful for three days.

Anyhow, there are some days I feel like I'm eating way too much food and my calorie total  is barely 1300.  I don't want to eat just to meet the minimum calories but I'm afraid it will trigger overeating.  Some days I just feel like I've had enough food, despite what the numbers say.  So, I'm not worrying about getting up to 1700 each day. For the most part, I'm averaging 1500 - 1600.  Guess what?  The scale is moving.  I'm back down to 237. 

****

I've decided to do a 5K on the treadmill the first Sunday of every month to monitor my progress.  Today I completed it in 54.5 minutes. 

I also decided to hold off on starting my Couch to 5K running plan until I drop 20 more pounds.  I've been playing around with the intensity of my cardio workouts.  I'll walk for 5 minutes and then jog for 1 minute.  Other days, I've been increasing the incline.  When I'm on the Elliptical or bike, I punch it for a minute or two every 5 minutes.  I also play around with the resistance.  I'm really doing my best to keep my body guessing.  I remember when I was working out with a trainer she said it was important not to let your workouts get stale.

I order a heart rate monitor, Polar FT7, on Saturday.  I can't wait for it to get here.  I'm anxious to use it.

Oh, I'm beginning to see my abs.  I'm not brave enough to post pics but they're coming along quite nicely.

****

I had my blood work done on Friday so I'm looking forward to seeing my results.

Here's to a great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment