My Intention is to live a healthy, active lifestyle.

Thank you for your support.


Saturday, January 3, 2015

Before Photo



A new year and a new me.  I just complete 50 minutes on the treadmill, nice and slow.  As I walked, I listened to a Jillian Michaels podcast.  I also began visualized myself running.  I have decided to do my best to take a photo each month.  I was doing a great job taking monthly photos in 2014.  I just wasn’t uploading them.  Unfortunately, my old phone completely died, without any backup or way to retrieve them, I lost all those photos.

I took a photo today and really looked at myself.  I now have this yucky spare tire.  This time last year I was at least 25 pounds lighter.  I am not going to beat up myself about it.  I know my journey and success to fat loss and a healthy weight is not going to be linear. I’ve been experimenting here and there with my eating habits.  My last experiment resulted in a weight gain.

 
Now, I’m back to a semi-vegetarian eating plan.  I have to admit that now that I have been lifting on a regular basis I am worried about not getting enough protein.  However, my body responds much better when I eliminate red meat and poultry from my diet.  I feel more energetic.  The podcast I listened to today was about the spirituality of food.  I am already one of those people who says grace before I eat.  I made a mental note to pay better attention to how I prepare and eat my food.  Am I truly grateful for the food I receive?  Do I understand how the  food I eat sustains me and gives me energy?  Which foods are good for me and the environment from a spiritual perspective?

I am looking forward to another year on this journey.  I can’t wait to see more muscle and less fat!


No comments:

Post a Comment